Thursday, July 1, 2010

The following comes from a blog entry I wrote about a year and a half ago.  To reflect back on life, I can say at that point in life I felt happy, fulfilled, satisfied (or as much as I thought possible.)  And today, by the grace of God I am even more happy, fulfilled and satisfied.  As soon as I think it can't get any better, God proves me wrong.  Every detail in my life I tackle and overcome, every hardship D shares with me, we grow.  Thanks for such unconditional love God, even to us old married people!
"D and I have been through some life changing, trying, difficult, overwhelming, joyous, love-filled, scary, disappointing, horrible, anxious, tiresome, beautiful, memorable, magical, hurtful and down right great situations in our time together and our marriage. Certain times come to mind when I think of each of those emotions and circumstances. None greater than the day we married, the birth of Heyward and the birth of Laurie Beth. I love D with all my heart and although I haven't "liked" everything he's done and he hasn't "liked" eveything I've done, we are so glad we chose one another to take this journey called life with. I have to admit though that although we have a slew of experiences together, nothing has quite prepared us for juggling our day jobs, two young children, finances, and our marriage. Notice that a social life doesn't even exist, that is something we are working on."

I have heard that the best thing you can do for your children is love their father/mother.  If that is the case then our kids have the BEST in life already! 

Thanks for all you have done to make our family strong and for being such a fighter.  I respect you and love you to pieces D!

No comments: