Sunday, August 17, 2008

Big Week for the Browns :)

My baby boy turned two Friday. I am in awe of how fast the past two years have flown by. He is really growing fast and of course is super smart! Heyward's intelligence isn't the only thing that is melting my heart lately, but also how charming he has become. He knows just how to smile and call me "Mommy" instead of "Momma" when he wants something really bad. He has been showing a lot more affection lately too! Yesterday, after his party, we were putting together some of his toys and for no reason he came up and gave me the biggest hug from behind and said "Thank you Mommy" in his "good boy" voice. I teared up and turned around to hug him back. I can't imagine life without him. It is hard to believe that two years ago I was so clueless and I couldn't fathom the feelings of being a Mom. God is good!

We had a great time at his birthday party. D and I set up a few of the blow up pools with slides, water guns, bubble machines and a sprinkler toy..mix in some water, a few kids, pizza, cake and ice cream and it was fun! I will post some pictures real soon!

D and I have more fun news to share about along with Hey's 2nd Birthday. We are expecting another baby. We confirmed it on Monday and I head to the doctor this Tuesday to get a more specific due date and other information. We are so excited and feel so blessed that God is granting us the opportunity to be parents to another child. We have been asking Hey if he wants a baby brother or sister and most of the time he answers, "yes." He will make a wonderful big brother!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congrats once again on the baby news. Like I said you need a girl this time!
Eli had so much fun at Hey's party. Thanks for inviting us!
Amanda