Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T

Heyward is getting more and more independent and adventurous! I think D and I are in for a very eventful life with our Hey man! Yesterday he didn't take an afternoon nap since he was napping most of the morning. But around 6:30 he asked for his blankie and paci and I told them they were on his bed and for him to go and get them. 10 minutes later he calls out from his bedroom, "I need some juice Momma!" So like the obedient mother I am I quickly brought him juice. He was in his bed and he asked that I turn on the movie "Cars." So I did. He laid there just as an adult would and watched almost the entire movie. It was wonderful. I got tons of stuff done and just kept checking on him. Later on that night he comes to me and says, "I want a snack." So I bring him a snack in bed and realize he has drank all his juice. So I told him that he probable needed to go potty before he fell asleep. As I go to get his snack I hear him moving around in his room. When I return he is back laying on the bed. So I ask again for him to please go potty for Momma. Usually I have to help him go. But the sweet little boy says, "I already go." I am thinking GREAT! He has wet his big boy pants and probably his bed. But he and the bed are dry! I go and check his little potty and see that in fact he has gone potty ALL BY HIMSELF! Now Heyward has been going to the potty with assistance on and off for a long time now. Sometimes his wants to go like a big boy and other days....well he could care less. But for him to go all by himself...no help...no M&M bribery...well, this was a first! I love him so much and am so proud of him today for being such a good boy yesterday. He is the light of my life...well D comes in a close second!

3 comments:

Mommy Bowen said...

Oh my gosh...how funny! I cannot wait to see y'all next week! We won't be there Thanksgiving Day, but we definatelly can't wait to see you! I cannot wait to see how big Heyward is now! Love to you all!

Miles and Barnes said...

Congrats on your baby girl! I know she will be beautiful! Sorry about the "Random" comment about Heyward having a birthday. That was another Amber. I knew Heyward was an August baby! My boys just talk about you so much, I immediately thought of your family! Have a great weekend!

Conrad & Cara Deese said...

he's growing up...might as well take out a college loan and buy a hot camaro t-top!